Grant Application Tips 2
BASIC HINTS TO BEAR IN MIND:
• Keep your text as brief as possible. Long sentences will do nothing to help you so always try to keep it short.
• Clearly state what the problem with your finances and your solution is. You want to anticipate all the questions that you will be asked and answer them.
• Try to credit other people in the field where this would fit. Do not take credit for other people’s ideas.
• Don’t leave out important information (e.g. budget justifications, vitae, etc) Doing this will make things a lot more complicated.
• Don’t inflate the budget in order to get more money because they will probably be expecting this and looking for it.
• Try to visit your own grants office in order to help ensure that all the needed forms are prepared before the proposal is sent to the Government.
Click to the last page of your small business grant guide: Small Business Grants: Summary